Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beach Camp Day 4 1:58 PM

It's our last day at camp. Whew! it went fast. We board the busses again tonight, not looking forward to that. Everyone was extremely tired last night. Had a really hard time getting them up for eggs and bacon. As a matter of fact, most did not get up. Giddy-Up started at 9:00. Ask your student about the Humpty dump song. It's amazing at the amount of energy they can expend while singing nursery rhymes. Matt preached about forgiveness and restoration this morning. Using Peter as his example. He explained that it must have been very awkward for Peter that morning on the beach when Jesus had them catch the fish and they ate together for the first time after Peter's denial and Jesus's resurrection, but Jesus restored him, and he went on to do great things for Him. We missed a lot of the recreation time this morning trying to get our group picture and get the t-shirts passed out (What is camp without a t-shirt.) The kids were very disappointed that they missed out on getting covered with vanilla pudding on the beach. As I understand it, Sarah Shirley jumped right in. I wish I had been there with the camera. Our student's helped with lunch again today. Once again they volunteered and jumped right in to help. I'm really proud of them. Right at the moment they are enjoying the beach and sun for the last day. I guess I had better get down there and see if I can get a few more pictures. I got pictures for yesterday uploaded late last night. There is also an album for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment